HexaShield® High-Performance EMC Connector AdaptorsDesigned to provide EMC protection solutions for both commercial and military applications, Hexashield® adaptors represent a significant improvement over pigtail termination methods. By providing 360º EMC shielding on the termination area of each individual cable, Hexashield® adaptors provide outstanding shielding effectiveness. Hexashield® adaptors are simple to install, easy to maintain, and dependably resistant to mechanical and environmental stresses.
Features & Benefits
• Simple installation
• Easy re-entry
• Simplified maintenance and repair
• Excellent mechanical and environmental resistance
• Efficient strain relief
Principle Points & Features
• Easy re-entry: To insert or remove ferrules from the Hexashield® adaptor, simply loosen the back nut.
• Superior protection: No degradation of shielding performance.
• Up to four shielded cables accommodated by each ferrule.
• Mechanical and environmental protection equal to backshells complying with MIL-C-85049 Category 3B.
• Strain relief on each individual cable.
• Weight reduction, by possibly eliminating the need for overall shielding.
• Compact size not exceeding outer diameter of connector.
• Platings available - Electroless Nickel and Olive Drab Cadmium specifications.
Simple, one-piece assembly & installation
1. Solder cable or wire shield to a ferrule with heatshrinkable SolderShield® terminator.
2. Clip ferrule into one of the grounding star cavities.
3. Secure the back nut of the Hexashield® adaptor so that the conic ring assembly automatically compresses the ferrules.
Download the PDF for HexaShield® High-Performance EMC Connector Adaptors
Authorised Distributor for TE Connectivity